An open letter to senior management and investors: DASH - THE PRESENT FUTURE
"There is an old African saying that goes something like
this...
WHEN AN OLD MAN DIES A LIBRARY BURNS DOWN.
I've had a revelation in recent days that there is something redolent about this saying that chimes with Alzheimer’s/Dementia - but we aren't dying from Dementia, we are living with it.
All that skill, knowledge, ability, dextrousness in facility,
experience and, dare I say it, common sense gradually leaching away.
What is common sense? I'll illustrate. My father was a
carpenter. I recall his sage advice. "Always keep your fingers behind the
blade". Maybe not common but certainly sense.
I am blessed that I live in Bromley. Here, unlike many areas
of England that I know personally, we are provided with opportunities through the
Dementia Assisting Self Help (DASH) group not made available universally.
Please keep being a beacon of best practice.
Finally. The birth rate is falling. The population is not
being replaced. Us oldies will be predominant.
If this was a sales pitch, (which it is), I would remind you
that your market will be us oldies.
I've said all I want to (you'll be pleased to know). Thank
you for the opportunity."
Comments
Post a Comment